How to study in the US as a full time student

How to study in the US as a full time student

Education is grouped as one of the most essential needs any child requires during growth. As all parents toil to provide this basic need to their children, some of them go out their way to give the best education which may be found outside their country of residence. The United States of America is known to have some of the best educational institutions in the world therefore; parents or individuals seeking the best education may turn to the U.S.A. to achieve their objective of obtaining the best education in their specific fields of study.

For this to happen, one needs to posses a U.S. student visa called an F-1 visa. It is a visa specifically for nonimmigrants who want to carry out their studies in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Students who seek education of any level in the U.S. find it mandatory to submit an application of the F-1 visa for them to enter the United States. It covers institutions like universities and colleges, high schools, elementary schools which are private, seminaries, language training programs, conservatories and many other institutions which are educational.

Application processes of an F-1 visa are known to be one of the lengthiest processes in all categories of visas offered by the USCIS. It may seem simple to an applicant but the challenge comes when a student waits to get information that the school or institution he or she has applied to have been approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). The process takes time mainly because not all schools or educational institutions are equipped with necessary personnel and equipments to handle international students.

It is therefore important for international students to verify that the institution they wish to join in the U.S. is qualified enough to manage handling an international student before submitting their application to the USCIS. When they receive an acceptance letter from the institution they have applied then they will be officially enrolled by the SEVP and required to pay the application fees which will lead to the provision of the I-20 form by the institution one applied. This form will guarantee a student an interview with one official in the USCIS or from the U.S. consulate where he or she will be required to provide the location as to where he or she will reside in the foreign country. They will also need to provide the admission document of an approved institution and also be able to show that they have the necessary financial support during their period of study.


The author didn't add any Information to his profile yet.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked. *

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon